Hero Points have the following uses.
- Bonus to roll: A delver may use a hero point to gain an advantage on a roll. If the hero point is spent before the roll is made the bonus to the roll is +8. If the hero point is used after the roll is made the bonus to the roll is +4.
- Cheat Death: Whenever a delver should have died as a result of a roll or effect, the delver may spend 2 hero points. This allows the delver to survive whatever would have killed him, the delver is however reduced to 1 hit point.
- Extra Action: A delver may spend a hero point to gain an additional standard action on their turn. This does not allow a delver to act out of turn. The delver may use this standard action to use any normal action that the delver would normally be able to use, except as part of a full round action. Only one hero point per round may be spent this way.
- Recall: A delver may spend a hero point to recall any limited use ability they have access to. This may not be used to regain uses of any magic item. Recalling an ability can be any ability that has a limited amount of uses per day. The delver may also use recall to regain use of a used spell slot.
- Re-Roll: During a delver’s turn they may choose to spend a hero point to re-roll any one d20 roll they just made during that round. The roll must have just been made for the delver to choose to spend a hero point this way. However regardless whether the second roll was better or worse than the original, the delver must take the second result.